Saturday 18 March 2017

The First Shave...

So, I exfoliated my whole body yesterday (the 17th), and today, I prepared to razor my arms, legs and lady bits. Something I haven’t done in about 10 years (I’ve waxed or epilated most of my life).

Granted, I was pretty nervous. I don’t think I got all the hairs down there, but I tried. It looks like I’ve missed the odd patch, especially on the back of my arms because I am no contortionist. Also, I shave both with and against the grain, but try only to go over each area once or twice with very light strokes. I find sometimes I need to go with, sometimes I need to go against because my hair grows weirdly in some places.

For the first timers, and the hairy ones like me, this will take a lot of patience. I’m sure lasering everywhere will take just as much time tomorrow, but I put on some banging tunes and got on with it.

Woohoo for no cuts, but surprisingly, the sensitive gel was still kind of stingy down there. Next time, I’m going to use hair conditioner or something…I’m alright now that I’m out of the shower, but it really didn’t do me any favours while I was frantically trying to get all the stubble.

Step two, complete! Looking forward to seeing how crappy (or awesome) the process is tomorrow.

Edit: Just caught a look at my left leg in the light of my room lamp…definitely missed an entire section. Sigh. Maybe I need like, zoning tape or something. You’d think shaving cream would be enough to tell you where you need to shave, but nooo…


Here's a hairy arm


Here's a hairy vs shaved leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment